Melanie Bernardin, LICSW
, Vice President, Lifestyle Experiences
Melanie is a seasoned professional with nearly 30 years of frontline and management experience. She has served in both clinical and retirement community settings and served most recently as Resident Life Director for two prominent Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Drawing on her background as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker and her extensive management experience, Melanie has excelled at providing leadership, coaching, advocacy, and support while helping staff deliver exceptional resident services in multiple community departments, including Fitness/Wellness, Pastoral, Activities/Cultural Enrichment, Memory Support, Social Work/Resident Services, Private Duty and Certified Home Health Services, and Outpatient and Skilled Nursing Facility Rehabilitation. Her compassion, collaborative approach, and professionalism provide an ideal foundation for her work with LifeStar, where she is responsible for guiding, directing and coaching our community staff, with an emphasis on resident life and engagement, quality of life, dignity and wellbeing.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, University of Hawaii-Manoa, with a concentration in Healthcare and Medical Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work and Psychology, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
- Consistently earned top employee engagement and resident satisfaction scores at CCRCs
- Selected as the Manager of the Quarter and the Manager of the Year at a large CCRC
- Published author, The Journal of Contemporary Human Services, 77(2), 108-116.
- Person-Centered Care
- Change Management
- Coaching & Leadership Development
- Performance Management & Improvement
- Policy Formulation
- Risk Management
Return to Bios List