Jo Montgomery, M.A.
, Copywriter, LifeStar Creative
Jo is a purpose-oriented communications trailblazer with over 30 years of experience in the creation and delivery of effective internal and external communications. When she joined LifeStar Living, Jo brought with her over three decades of marketing, advertising, public relations, and communications experience leading efforts for companies like Aetna and Frontier Communications. She’s been featured on Channel 8 CT Style and The Spotlight for her writing, and has been a contributing writer for The New Haven Register, Milford Living Magazine, MarinaLife Magazine and Nutmeg Magazine.
Diplomatic and thoughtful in communication and decision-making, Jo is also flexible and versatile with a sharp sense of humor, a natural sense for language, and the ability to write tight, high-performing content in her sleep.
When not writing, Jo volunteers as a mentor through Transforming Lives, helping inmates cultivate writing and communications skills to support a healthy transition from incarceration back into society.
- F.A., Advertising, Syracuse University; M.A., Corporate/Organizational Communications, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Provided copywriting, marketing, and communication support to local and national organizations
- Developed and taught Messaging Strategy and the Centrality of the Value Proposition at the master’s level and earned the Instructional Development Excellence Award for quality in curriculum development
Areas of Expertise
- Copywriting and content development for all media platforms within corporate, B2B, B2C, and non-profit environments
- Content strategy
- Corporate communications
- Campaign development and management
- Brand awareness and positioning
- Project management
- Public relations
- Copy editing
Return to Bios List